Prepare to be wowed by Krakow restaurants. Yep, the culinary diversity of this old Polish city has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years of so. We remember a time when it was just dumplings and beetroot borscht. No more. No way. Now there’s Georgian khachapuri and Rajput curries, artisan German bakeries and Portuguese tart shops. It’s a true global offering on the gastronomy front.
Of course, Krakow is still a fine place to sample traditional Polish food. We’d 100% recommend that first-time travelers to Poland do just that, and we’ve got some great guides to Polish street food and the best Polish restaurants in Krakow that can help you sate the appetite on that front.
On top of that, get ready to sample award-winning Neapolitan pizza, taste-bud-tingling Asian stir fries, and some seriously accomplished veggie- and vegan-friendly dishes courtesy of the city’s all-new breed of creative kitchens. Tempted? This part of our guide to Krakow is what you’re after…
The Ultimate Guide to The Best Breakfast in Krakow
Are you looking for the best breakfast in Krakow? Check this guide, which includes eight top spots in the city…
The Ultimate Guide to Krakow Street Food
Check our ultimate guide to Krakow street food, which includes the seven best spots the city has to offer.
Krakow food – 7 dishes you must try
Wondering what you should eat on your city break? Check out our guide to Krakow food, which outlines seven of…
The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Krakow – 10 Top Spots
Vegan Krakow is a taste-bud-tingling medley of hummus drop-ins and seitan burger bars. Here’s a meat-free guide for a real…
The 7 best Indian Restaurants in Krakow
Check out this guide to the best Indian restaurants in Krakow, which hops from underground curry kitchens in the suburbs…
Where to Eat Neapolitan Pizza in Krakow: 7 Top Choices
We take a look at the top places to eat lovely Neapolitan pizza in Krakow, from cool Kazi to the…
Our top 5 Krakow restaurants at a glance
Hungry and not much time? Just a glimpse below reveals our top five Krakow eats right now. It’s changing year on year, but these are the places that have the best grub of the moment, at least in our humble and thoroughly overfed opinion!
- HAMSA Hummus & Happiness – Get yourself down to Kazi for mezze platters of creamy hummus dip and Middle Eastern falafel right now. It’s a must, even though prices have cranked skywards in 2021/22.
- Nolio – The best pizza in the city (probably). You’ll need to book but it’s cushiony Neapolitan through and through.
- Gospoda Koko – Cheap and cheerful, this wallet-friendly haunt is a modern take on a Polish milk bar, where you get dumplings, soups, and beer.
- Vegab – A hole-in-the-wall eatery with something different: Totally, 100% plant-based vegan kebabs. Heaven after a night out, mind you.
- Taj Kraków Kazimierz – We’ve been to Thailand and we can say right now that this one gets it. The curries are spot on and perhaps not what you’d expect of Central Europe.