Krakow hotels come in all shapes and sizes. Luxury, affordable, chic, traditional, historic – there are more than you can shake a Polish pretzel at.
Where you stay will also have a big impact on the sort of city break you have. After all, no one wants to be stuck out in the sticks when you could be hopping bars in the Old Town or coffee shops in Kazimierz, right?
Well…that’s where this guide comes in. It’s got all the info you could need on choosing the top hotels in Krakow. It doesn’t matter if you’re after a budget hostel with a party vibe or a sleek boutique with views of the Vistula River, we’ve got you covered.
Our top five hotels in Krakow overall – AKA, the creme-de-la-creme
If you’re after one of the finest hotels in the town then why mess around? We’ve whittled the choices – the thousands of choices, mind you! – down to just five picks below. They’ve been selected based on their unique service, their locations, their standout facilities, and more. Click through to see if they’re available and get ready for the city break of a lifetime!
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz – The new PURO down in Kazi just oozes style. There’s an underground spa, a boho bakery cafe on the first floor, and rooms with a sort of 1900s noir feel to them. It’s a cracker and you can’t go wrong!
- Hotel Stary – Stay in the middle of the moody Old Town area and get access to one of the most awesome pools in the city. Clue: It’s in a 700-year-old basement below the hotel itself. Cool, huh?
- Hotel Santi – One of the most impressive historical hotels in the city, this 4-star option has rooms that are adorned with frescos from the 1800s!
- The Bridge Suites – Arguably the best aparthotel in town, these suites are modern and luxurious, and boast fantastic views of the river.
- Hotel Unicus Palace – Another basement pool, more 5-star suites, a sauna, and a location on buzzy Florianska make Unicus a proper standout, especially that it’s all new as of 2021!
What area of the city should I stay in?
A good first step for choosing places to stay in Krakow is our neighborhood guide. It runs through the most popular areas of the city without any faffing about with far-flung districts or residential areas. All you get here is the lowdown on the liveliest, most monument-rich, most exciting parts of town. These are the areas where you can step from the lobby to find yourself immersed in history or hopping the coolest bars around.
Hotels in the Krakow Old Town
The Old Town is an area of the city that every first-time visitor should be certain to visit. It’s an enchanting mix of centuries-old palaces and edgy bars. In fact, the whole district is a UNESCO World Heritage Site! So, if you’re looking for a great location and unrivalled access to the sights from your Krakow hotels, Old Town establishments have you covered. They can also be downright luxurious and charming, with rooftop gardens, award-winning restaurants, and underground pools. Check out our guide to hotels in the Old Town right now.
The best hotels in Kazimierz
The district of Kazimierz is one of our favourites. Still within walking distance of the UNESCO Old Town, this one’s a tad more “local”. It’s got buzzy bars, late-night clubs, mezze eateries and more. Oh, and the hotels are cool, quirky and boutique. Click here to check out our guide to the very best hotels in Kazimierz.
Other in-depth guides to different types of hotels in Krakow…
- Hotels in Krakow with swimming pools – There’s a nice mix of hotels in Krakow with pools on the side. They do tend to be on the higher end of the price spectrum But they also come with some deluxe additions. Pools could be set in historic basements below the Old Town. Or, they might be in glass rooms overlooking the Vistula River. This is our curated list.
- Historic hotels in Krakow – Krakow has centuries and centuries of history – some 500 years ago, it was the capital of Poland! Thankfully, the town was also left largely unscathed after WWII, which means its medieval core and Renaissance-era palaces are still intact. Lots of those have now be transformed into intriguing and interesting Krakow hotels. They’re the ones you won’t forget in a hurry!
Search for hotels in Krakow right now
We’re an affiliate of booking.com, one of the biggest hotel booking sites in the world. We think they have one of the best arrays of hotels in Krakow that exist and all the top stays in the city, both bargain and luxury, are on offer on their site. To check prices and availability, simply use the search tool below to get a-going.